Brew wife (/bro͞o wīf/) : a sophisticated lady married to a wonderful man who is obsessed with making (beer, ale, etc.) by steeping, boiling, and fermenting malt and hops while turning our small apartment into a chaotic mess and completely taking over the fridge to fill it with beer.


Life lately....

So its been a good long while since I posted anything here. Not that I wanted to abandon the blog or that I was uninspired; my focus was somewhere else.

Our family has been blessed with a beautiful baby girl! We are so happy, happier than I ever imagined possible, but at the same time we are so consumed by her. It is a wonderful time which we are experiencing now as new parents, its full of joy, wonder, trial-and-error, night wakings, and sleeplessness altogether.

Many times I've been tempted to share snippets of our new life; about the baby, her many cute faces, and other baby musings. But I felt that my energy and focus was just not quite here.
But now that many months have passed and we are finally back on a rhythm I have more time to dedicate to this wonderful outlet that it is blogging, and blogging about Beer!

I must be honest!, during my pregnancy I had major beer cravings....especially since Laz was still brewing and buying amazing stuff. But of course, the most important thing was the baby and her health, so no beer for me. But while still pregnant I decided to ask Laz to brew a batch of beer that would aid in milk production. There are many claims out there regarding beer consumption, in particular stouts, and increased breast milk yield. And I am in no way endorsing drinking while breastfeeding, but there is some research based evidence that does prove that barley and yeast do stimulate milk production. Is it true, not sure, do we believe it, its up to you.
Anywho, it was a fun idea, especially since I was able to help and bask in the beer aromas while brewing,... and so we named it "Mother's Milk Stout"
To this day, and I am no longer nursing, I'm still not sure if it helped or not, but it was amazingly tasty and satisfying to finally be able to enjoy a beer. And yes, of  course I was mindful not to drink and nurse right away, and yes I did have "clean" pumped milk as a backup, yadah, yadah, yadah...I am a responsible Mom!

So it begins again....hopefully I have a lot more interesting things to share, but more importantly, I am happy that I am writing and posting stuff again.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment