Brew wife (/bro͞o wīf/) : a sophisticated lady married to a wonderful man who is obsessed with making (beer, ale, etc.) by steeping, boiling, and fermenting malt and hops while turning our small apartment into a chaotic mess and completely taking over the fridge to fill it with beer.


wake and bake!

Many days I just wake up with the desire to bake something delicious...Usually the night before I go through the recipe in my head multiple times and I daydream about the satisfaction I will feel with the end result. It just makes me so happy to see people enjoy what I make. I think this is the main reason why I do it (apart from being relaxing) it is the look on people's faces when they take the first bite, the way they pause for a moment to savor and experience the sensations.


Lately I've been reading books about chefs and cooking, I'm not sure why but I tend to get into phases when it comes to literature genres. So now I'm stuck in a culinary phase. One of the latest I read  was The Coincidence of Coconut Cake. It was fun and witty and with a nice surprise at the end!.....the recipe for the Coconut Cake! I was super excited about this and of course had to make it.


The recipe is very easy and a lot of fun to prepare. I must say, I don't think I ever attempted to make coconut cake before and this really got me hooked! This cake turns out lovely! It is super moist but not heavy, it is also not overly sweet. The coconut flavor is definitely there but it is not intense, I must say that I did not use coconut extract as the recipe required, I only used vanilla. I think the coconut extract would have made a big difference! I will be using it next time for sure.
Another thing I really enjoyed about this cake was the toasted coconut, it adds so much dimension and texture. When you eat the cake the same day it is made, the coconut is still super crunchy and that just makes it so much more delicious! but eventually the coconut looses a bit of bite but it is still a really nice element.

 
 xo

P.S. On a different note, and just to kinda throw this in here, I'm super excited for this new brewery to open!! I just cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment