Brew wife (/bro͞o wīf/) : a sophisticated lady married to a wonderful man who is obsessed with making (beer, ale, etc.) by steeping, boiling, and fermenting malt and hops while turning our small apartment into a chaotic mess and completely taking over the fridge to fill it with beer.


brew day



Its brew day again. What can I say, me and "brew day" have had a love/hate relationship for a while. I cannot lie about the fact that I love the sweet nutty smell of grains drifting all over the apartment.
See how amazing the grains look!

And that while brewing we drink a good amount of beer...
This is our latest homebrew, a brown ale, which still needs a little more time to developed in the bottle, but was rather tasty either way.

And what else do you do while making beer? drink more beer!

But it is also chaotic in the kitchen, there are large pots, gallons of water, and equipment scattered everywhere.

And my is husband constantly asking for assistance, I am the designated assistant home brewer after all, but it really takes away from whatever plans I had that day.
So I decided that if my involvement in brew day is unavoidable, I might as well document some of the interesting things about it.






Let the fermentation begin!

At least I should be thankful that clean-up is not such a chore because Laz is really good at keeping things neat on his own.
 xo



No comments:

Post a Comment